Thursday, December 11, 2008

Canadian Hut


I have been formulating a plan for awhile now to move to a hut in Canada for a variety of reasons, chief among them most of the human population drives me nuts. I wanted it to be in a remote location and I planned to take Ruby, Satine, Vivi, Pamela Anderson and Carmen Electra. Ruby likes the cold weather, so I thought Canada would be a good place. I had even planned to plant a garden in the summer. And I don't even like to plant stuff. A bad thing happened on Sunday night that caused me to change my mind. I watched the finale of The Amazing Race(way to go, Nick and Star!) and then I changed the channel because I didn't want to cry over the Hallmark Hall of Fame special that was coming on. I turned to MSNBC which has lots of true crime documentaries at that time. They had one on and it made me cry way more than any Hallmark cheese fest. It scared me away from Canada because, believe it or not, their justice system is way more bleeped up than ours and it's far slower. I recommend that everyone should watch this excellent, compelling, heartbreaking documentary: Dear Zachary. Make sure you're not already depressed or you will be completely devastated. So now I'm looking for a new location for my hut. Alaska is out because of the whole Sarah Palin thing. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. New Zealand. Sheep outnumber people like 10 million to one and you know wherever there are that many sheep there must be a bunch of amazing dogs.

2. Idaho. Still USA but there may be a lot of Sarah Palin types.

3. Non-desert areas of Arizona or New Mexico.

HoosierKitty said...

How about Wyoming? Least populated state in the US. That has to appeal to you. Even when the 5 McCreas move there it still should be okay.