Friday, December 12, 2008

My Year of...

My good friend Sarah, who is wonderful in every way, had me cracking up yesterday because she decided on a theme for herself for next year- The Year of Making. She has pledged to make a new crafty item each week and a new food item also. I admire this, I truly do. But I find it hilarious that first of all she would bleeping make a theme for her life and second of all that she tried to rope me into it with her. She tried to convince me that I would have The Year of Baking, which I certainly don't need, nor do I have any desire to bake every week of next year. But I did think of my own theme to go along with her- The Year of Faking. And I've already got several items lined up for my agenda. I plan to fake:
-liking people
-being smarter than I am
-being interested in the things people tell me
-being good at crafts
-learning a foreign language

I mean, look, it's not even 2009 and I have 5 weeks planned out already. I think it's going to be a good year. If anyone has any suggestions for things I should fake next year please let me know. Now remember, I only have 52 weeks, so it can't be lots of things. This will take some work.
The cat in the picture is Sarah's cat, Loki. He is awesome and I don't have to fake liking him at all! I will keep you all updated next year on how both Sarah and I do with our special themes.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Say Elizabeth, people who only fake being nice might not benefit from the Year of Making Stuff.
p.s. Loki is looking forward to seeing you again.

HoosierKitty said...

I think you should spread out the people and give each one a week. They deserve concentrated faking not some generic fake.

HoosierKitty said...

Might I suggest the year of complaining? Challenge yourself to find new things to complain about, exercise your creativity.